Fruit buns



As kids, most of us have this love affair with Tutti Frutti, be it in ice cream or in fruit-bread or in cakes. I had bought some in different colours for the christmas fruit cake and some leftovers were asking to be baked into fresh fruit buns. I am a bit wary about letting Atri eat these tutti frutti as it has some serious food colouring, but that doesn't prevent us from digging into them. Besides, Hyderabad I have found has a great fondness for all things fruity - fruit biscuit, fruit toast and so on....the fruit toast from Mountain Bakery and fruit biscuits from Karachi Bakery have already become house favourites.

For a quick Sunday breakfast before leaving for the zoo, it was perfect to quickly dunk pieces of bun into a cup of milk and let it all melt in the mouth. Don't want to go overboard about myself but these were deliciously soft - one of the better breads I have baked I guess!


My little foodie...

My little foodie cant wait to get his hands on these...

Fruit buns
Makes 6

Ingredients
1 3/4 tsp active dry yeast
1/2 cup (more than) warm milk
1 tsp sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat atta
1 tsp salt
Upto 1 cup water
1-2 tsp olive oil
handful of tutti frutti or chopped dried fruit pieces
few spoons milk to brush
1 tsp butter

Directions

Labels: , , ,