LOOKING FOR SOMETHING? SEARCH HERE

SUBSCRIBE TO WATCH ME COOK!

27 March 2006

Vibrant green curry


I'm forever looking for fast and faster ways to cook tasty, healthy food. As much as I love to cook, I don't like to slave in the kitchen. Nor do I like to take shortcuts to taste like adding dollops of oil / butter to my recipes.

One such really fast recipe, and equally healthy is the green curry that I cooked up last Sunday.

Ingredients

10-12 Medium sized mushrooms- wiped clean

1/2 cup frozen green peas

8-10 leaves of spinach

Small bunch of coriander leaves

6-7 Mint leaves

2 green chillies

1/2 cup curd

One medium sized onion

4-5 pods of garlic-peeled

1/2 inch piece ginger

Salt to taste

Wash all greens thoroughly. Add all ingredients except mushroom and peas to a mixer, and grind to a smooth paste. Paste will be thick and green.

In a pan, take a tsp of oil. Saute the mushrooms and peas with a pinch of salt until mushrooms are soft. Add the ground paste and a little water to adjust the consistency of the curry.

Let it boil for 2 mins. Do not cover the pan while boiling so as to retain the vibrant green color of the curry. Serve hot with chapatis or steamed rice.

Note:

Stir a tbsp of fresh cream into the curry after removing it from flame for a rich creamy taste. This recipe is rich in Iron.

To convert it into a low carb recipe, you could use only Mushrooms and omit the peas.

11 comments:

sailu said...

Nice recipe.I am not too fond of mushrooms.I guess I could replace them with other veggies.
I have added you to my ever growing list of food bloggers too..:)

Lakshmi said...

looks good nandita. i'll try that patties

Lakshmi said...

looks good nandita. i'll try that patties

Puspha said...

Very beautiful fresh colour.

Lakshmi said...

even myself , i am a new blogger, nice to meet u.

sailu said...

Wishing you and your family a very happy Gudi Padwa,Nandita.

Priya said...

The curry looks yum ! this indeed a totally new recipe to me. Iam sure it will taste good with rice. Thanx for the recipe.

Snigdha said...

Hey Nandu...Really nice recipie...plan to try it out tonite...I always kept reading of "People" cooking different foods n all...but it feels really nice to see someone so closely known to me break away from traditional cooking and try something as new as this....very inspiring...

Nandita said...

Hi all you dear friends- I have been a jerk all this while, not knowing that I'm supposed to go into the comments section and publish them
When my friends kept asking me why I haven't checked out their comments, i realised something was wrong somewhere..and sure I was!


Sailu- Thanks a great deal- it's a honor to be added to your fantastic blog.

Priya, Lakshmi & Pushpa thanks again for your encouragement

Snigs-Cooking is supposed to be fun- and healthy!! Thats the only two bits that I add into it. Thanks for ur loving words

Anonymous said...

Hi , this is Mythreyee of try this recipe blog. Cookforhealth.blogspot.com is my new blog. The main Idea of this blog is to spread the awareness of 'Cooking for Health' for the Indian Community.

I choose a theme and publish a round up of recipes and articles relating to the theme.

The Current theme is Leafy Vegetables and it would be great if you can send your permanent link for this wonderful recipe with mint, coriander and spinach to cookforhealth@gmail.com. I shall be delighted to add your recipe in the Jan 10th/11th Roundup. For more details visit http://cookforhealth.blogspot.com

thanks,
Mythreyee

jaya said...

Nice to your read your blog about online friends. You can find more friends in online to get new ideas about anything in and around the world. Indian Friends Online are dominated in this online community to reach you goal.



Indian Friends Online Community


Social Network website


Make Money Online

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...